May 7, 2016

Armed Forces or Claims against the Ministry of Defence

We can assist serving and former members of the Armed Forces injured during the course of their military service. This can include claims against the Ministry of Defence for compensation for injuries suffered as result of accidents in military training, accidents whilst serving at home and abroad, road accidents and for medical conditions such as Non-Freezing Cold Injury.

The Ministry of Defence, as your employer, has the same legal responsibilities for your health and safety as any civilian employer.

As well as claiming compensation for pain and suffering, you may be entitled to claim for loss of military career and future loss of earnings and pension if you have been discharged from HM Forces as a result of your injuries. You may also be able to make a separate claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.

Please note that strict time limits apply to all claims for personal injury compensation, and you should not wait until you leave the Forces to make a claim. Likewise, if you have already left the Forces, you may still be able to bring a claim provided you do so within the prescribed time limits.

If this applies to you then Get in touch

If you are unsure then try our step by step guide in the Do You Have a Claim section.

Treanors Solicitors are based in Sunderland. We are working on claims against the Ministry of Defense for ex-Armed Forces clients throughout Tyne and Wear and the whole of the North East UK. Local experts ready to advise you.